Thursday, July 7, 2011

Doodles and Experiments

Admittedly, I haven't done much art of my Filipino/Aztec heroine Yoloxochitl. I did this a few weeks ago to study her design. They'll eventually be completed designs but for now, they're blue scribbles. Warriors are not just soldiers in her world; they are also priests. For success in battle, they offer prayer, food, dance and song to their personal god. Below, Yoloxochitl is bonding with her husband, or in this case, her husband's muzzle. He is kind of huge, like a building. Only literally.

I was inspired by Conor Oberst's "Milk Thisle".

My character Hunter from a project with Poet. She's the only daughter of a wealthy couple and loves both her parents dearly! Mumsie never had to worry about Hunter disdaining her pretty dresses; Hunter will go hun ting in high fashion.

Fan art for Ed Elric of Full Metal Alchemist. I first saw the original anime back in college and man, did it change my life. I picked up the manga a little after that and then watched Brotherhood in all its beautiful glory. Ed is still my favorite character.

Was experimenting a lot on this piece though! Tried to add as many colors as I could and played with two different light sources. All in all, not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment