Wednesday, August 10, 2011

8/10/11

Noah Martelino, Gilbert Ramirez and Amaranth Ngo
The Mourning Son
(c) Dan Arrojado

One of the favorite things I love about myself as an artist is the ability to be inspired by music. When I was in college, I got to know My Chemical Romance. Helena was the first song that I heard and when you're young and angsty, you latch on to MCR's sound back then. After The Black Parade I was a little put off by their sound. I was entering adulthood and I was shedding the woes of being a hormonal teenager. And then Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys arrived. And BAM. I WAS IN LOVE. Probably more so than when I first latched on to the band.

Followers may not be very pleased but I can say that The Mourning Son is largely powered on the Danger Days album. Planetary (Go!) in particular took my heart and refused to let go.

This is pretty much a mock up of a poster I may be creating sometime in the future. I definitely want it on my wall.


Tried a little painting after I saw videos on Youtube. It was interesting, to say the least. I started with a mid-gray and then went higher and lower in value after that.

Pencil sketch of Irmingarde Hikari Yorimichi in her fencing gear. She's come a long way as a character. From the stereotypical older sister to leader of her own security force. I did quite a bit of research on fencing gear but ultimately went with something stylistic and practical.

No comments:

Post a Comment