Friday, October 22, 2010

show me your teeth

As most of you know, I'll be joining this year's NaNoWriMo with a story about a post-Apocalyptic world where a monster and a human meet and fall in love. Come on, you know it's romantic. Monster meets human, human tries to kill monster, monster kind of wants to eat human.

Been putzing around with designs, so here's our leading hero, the monster.


His base painting was kind of bland as I just got it down right after work. No real idea of what I wanted except for TEETH TEETH TEETH.


Did some scale roughs. That human is TINY in his hands. Also a vague idea of what I wanted for full body design. Not really happy with that and still working on it. He's supposed to be climbing a mountain or a rockface in that right doodle, just in case you're wondering why he's being all \\\o///


Most recent shot of the image. Yes, I'm pretty proud of this one. Planning to remove the hair/muscle/bandages soon and replacing it with so many eyes. Aiming to have at least thirty eyes on his head alone.

Got some doodles done of the leading lady, who is a female knight with a split tongue. Have I ever told you how messy my creative process and story building process is? I have no idea what the story really is about until I get down and write it.

No comments:

Post a Comment